There is good news and there is bad news when it comes to our modern lifestyle and labor saving devices. The good news is that we are able to save time and energy in accomplishing many routine tasks. The bad news is that we are saving ourselves so much energy that our lifestyles are becoming too sedentary. Many of us work at a desk all day, commute a car and relax in a sofa in the evenings. A sedentary lifestyle has been linked with an increased risk for heart disease, diabetes and cancer. But we don’t have to stay sedentary. Here are some tips to help you counterbalance a sedentary tendency in your day.
1. Don’t call office colleagues. Walk to their offices.
2. Place the printer down the hall.
3. Drink plenty of water.
4. Set a timer for every hour and get up and move around for several minutes.
5. Park further from the office or grocery store and walk.
6. Take a walk to relax instead of crashing in the sofa.
7. While watching TV, use commercial breaks to get up and move around.